Sunday, July 15, 2012

Love and food

I love my pasta press

homemade wheat bread; I love my mixer.

Wonderful garden vegetables.
We are having a phenomenal time eating from our garden.  We have little carrots, and when James pulls one he gets so excited.  He wants to pull them all.  Kirsten came over the other day, and she was so surprised then she pulled the carrot, and there was a carrot on the end.  It's like a surprise every time. 

I made homemade spaghette, and sauce.  I used basil from the garden, and ground my own flour for the pasta and sauce.  I also made a great salad.  We've had eggs (from Bev and Scott), carrots, lettuce, peas, cherry tomatoes, and even a couple of cucumbers.  What a salad!!!

I made a wonderful vegetable stir fry: early potatoes, carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, and green beans.  I even plan on making fresh vegetable lasagna this week. 

I have enjoyed making bread, banana bread, and I even spent the day with Beverly, and Joslyn and I made her Great Grandma Ruth's famous orange rolls.  They are delectable.  It was a joy to have Grandma Ruth there to do a little instruction as we made her rolls. 

Joslyn and I went out to lunch and had a wonderful time singing songs and talking about Harry Potter. 

I got to spend all day with the Thomason's because my wonderful husband took the kids on an outing to the Denver Zoo and Aquarium.  He really is a sweet man. 

No comments: