Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Aquarium Day

deep sea diving

Isa and the mermaids



riding the shark

BIG BITE

James' way of riding the shark

playing with the lights


They loved the mermaid show


posing for the camera

shining shoes

Fun times



































Today, after I took the Thomason's home, we went to the aquarium.  The kids just love it there.  James asks everyday is we can go.  He took a little nap as we drove, and that was fabulous!  When we walked in Isabelle said she REALLY needed to go potty, so I told her that the bathroom was just around the corner, to go and I'd hurry in and meet her.  So, off she went.  I was already talking to the ticket lady, and James was holing on to my dress when she went around the corning.  The ticket lady handed me my tickets, and before I could put them in my purse I look around and James had stepped onto the elevator and the it was going up.  The ticket lady said, "I'll run upstairs and get him, you go get your daughter".  So, with a little in trepidation, I ran into the ladies room and told Isa to hurry, we had to go find James.  She rushed out of there with me, and we saw the ticket lady leading James out of the elevator.  OH MY GOODNESS.  We had a long talk about staying with Mommy. 

The kids loved the big map of the United states and ocean and lakes.  They like to see the otters, and our favorite spot is a little beach area where they have live birds, and the water is clear.  You can spot many types of fish there, and we like to watch them play and chase each other.  Today we got to see the mermaids doing their show in the big tanks with the fish.  They played "under the sea" from the Little Mermaid, and the kids danced and danced.  It was so much fun to watch my little ones dancing to that song, and the mermaids were pretty cool too.  We made it to the end of the tiger show, so they got to see the tiger too.  Oh my kids are perfect.  They got an airbursh "face paint" on their arms, and petted the rays.  We got our soda, and went to visit a play area we hadn't seen before.  They had a great time climbing on the apparatuses that looked like sea animals.  A boy, probably 8 or 9 years old ran right up to Isabelle when he saw her and said, "Hey, you chase me ok?"  He ran while she chased, and he kept changing the rules as they went so where ever he got tired, was automatically safe.  Isabelle played for awhile, then she got the 2 girls that were there and convinced them to play games she made up.  It was cute.  I gathered them up, and off we went to the 4D theater.  they always have a great time at the aquarium. 

No comments: