Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Garden UP and UP


My garden is doing a great job at growing!!  I did damage it a little with some bug spray, but I think it will keep growing.  We love to water the garden together.  It's a great morning activity together.  I even started a compost pile.  Bobby is keeping it nice. 

The corn is looking great.  It's growing in stages so I will have corn for weeks when harvest comes.  The tomatoes are looking great; even the ones I started from seed are starting to grow well.  I am learning a lot about how to make my garden better next year.  I will start my tomatoes inside earlier, and my squash, and melons, and peppers too.  I want to plant my potatoes in buckets instead of in the garden itself, and I want to have a container of strawberries, some raspberries and such things.

I HATE CATS!!  The neighborhood wild cats are ruining my lettuce and spinach.  Everyday I go out and they have used a new spot as their litter box.  I've got to think of something or I won't have any spinach and lettuce left! 

I am very excited about my garden.  I hope it all continues to grow. 
Beans

Carrots

Big tomatoes

cucumbers, peas, and potatoes

my corn, squash and melon box


middle row of everything


little corn and zucchini, and summer squash and melons

butternut squash growing up the trellis

cherry tomatoes, see the burnt leaves

look at that zucchini

No comments: