Wednesday, April 11, 2012

cleaning

Let it begin.  I made a 2 week schedule for my Spring Cleaning adventures.  And, I am taking a break in-between, that's why it's a 2 week schedule.  I got my house "almost" finished this week.  I had these nasty brownish stains in my bathtub that I couldn't get out == no matter what I tried.  So, I was researching the internet about it (again) and made a list of everything I could find that people suggested.  I had a list of 20 things, and got down to the last 5 when I happened upon Hydrogen peroxide.  The post on the internet said that the stains should "instantly" disappear, and when they didn't I was again disappointed, but I had to make a rush into the other room to save my children from themselves.  They don't have as much fun when Mom is cleaning, and get into some messy messes that I then have to clean up - another reason for the 2 week schedule.  When I finally go back to the bathroom I saw, to my delight, that the stains were lighter.  I decided to try the peroxide again with part of the bathtub, and go on with some nail polish remover on a few spots.  I let them sit for awhile, and low and behold, the peroxided worked.  YEA!!!  I had to treat it 3 times, and go to the store for more peroxide, but I'm sold on the peroxide for stains.





We have gone to the playground, played in the rain, played dress-up, and much much more.

No comments: