Saturday, April 14, 2012

Green Smoothies

I have decided to start making "green" smoothies for me and my family.  I have only begun this adventure, but we really like it.  The smoothies have passed the kid test, and both of them ask me for more every morning.  Now, I do put in 1/4 a teaspoon powdered sugar, and 2 TBLS frozen orange juice in my smoothies to help with the "kid" factor.

Yummy




Here my recipe:1/4-1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
2-3 TBLS frozen orange juice concentrate
1 to 1 1/2 cups water
one large handful spinach *I don't know how much that is, but you can see the picture*
one large handful Kale
Any variety of fruits and vegetable you'd like to try.
4-7 cubes of ice

I've tried: grapes, bananas, apples, oranges

we didn't really like the apples as much as we thought we would.  Isabelle said she would rather eat the apple by itself, not waste it like that.  She loves apples!!!!!  I buy them every time I go grocery shopping.

Things we want to try:  tomatoes, carrots, mango, kiwi

Fun times had by all.

No comments: