Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shops, Hat, Dresses, and more

I was up and at 'em early today.  Bobby left for his conference, and I went out on the town.  I found a great place to have breakfast.  It is Jasmine Cafe, a little Croatian place down the street and around the corner.  The nice owner also is the cook.  He made a wonderful Potato roll, wrapped in his home made phyllo type dough, and crispy baked, with yogurt, tomatoes, and onions.  I did pay 3.50 for a glass of hot water with lemon in it, but other than that, it was a unique and wonderful breakfast.

 I then walked to the Fine art museum down the ways.  It wasn't open yet, so I talked a little with a group of artists gathered outside.  I do appreciate art, but painting/drawing is not one talent that I possess.  They suggested a coffee shop down the road.

 I had brunch at a great little place filled with people outside in the atrium areas.  I enjoyed observing, and the french toast was great, but the fruit (strawberries, blue berries, and raspberries) were phenomenal, but the service was extremely slow, and inattentive.  There were people that left because they had to sit so long.  One man went to the front and put his order in at the counter.  I also had to find someone to pay before I left.  But, they did have a beautiful lawn area, and a great statue of Don Q.

I walked up and down streets, looked them over with care, to some I said, "I don't choose to go there".  With no hat on my head, and in need of a dress, I browsed all the shops, and I did my best.  But, the price was too high, and I moved on, to have lunch in my room and rest.

After lunch and a rest, I went back out to the shops.  The boutique owners know my name by now, and I bought sunglasses, a hat, and a purple dress with gold "foil" like etching in it.  I plan on wearing it tomorrow with my swimming suit.  It was a long day of walking, and I enjoyed it immensely.







At dinner time, we went out to a Tai place down the street with some of Bobby's co-workers.  I had a great time, and enjoyed the conversation, and company.  It was a wonderful night.

No comments: